Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
For the crust:
2 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
10 tbsp salted butter, melted
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the cheesecake:
24 ounces Melanie’s Medleys plain whipped cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp all purpose flour
15 oz can pureed pumpkin
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
4 large eggs
For the cream cheese whipped cream:
4 oz whipped Melanie’s Medleys plain whipped cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
6 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Chopped pecans (for garnish)
For the crust:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
2. Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
3. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
4. Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil.
For the cheesecake filling:
- 1. Reduce oven to 300°F (148°C).
- 2. In a large mixer bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and flour until well combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add the pumpkin, sour cream, vanilla extract and spices and mix on low speed until well combined.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
5. Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust and spread evenly.
6. Place springform pan (covered with aluminum foil) inside another larger pan. Fill the larger pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
7. Bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
8. Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 30 minutes.
9. Crack oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
10. Remove cheesecake from oven and chill until firm, 5-6 hours or overnight.
For the whipped cream:
- 1. When the cheesecake is cool and firm, remove from the springform pan and set on a serving plate.
- 2. To make the whipped cream, add the cream cheese to a large mixer bowl and beat until smooth.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
4. Pipe the whipped cream around the edge of the cheesecake, then finish it off with chopped pecans.
5. Refrigerate the cheesecake until ready to serve. Cheesecake is best when stored well covered and eaten within 3-4 days.