Matcha Cheesecake Bars
4 oz. whole-wheat pastry flour (about 1 cup)
1/3 cup unsalted roasted pistachios
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon coconut or canola oil
1 tablespoon ice water
Nonstick Cooking spray
2/3 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon ceremonial or culinary matcha powder
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind, from one lemon
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
One 7.5 oz. cup of Melanie’s Medleys plain cream cheese, left at room temperature for 1 hour
2 large eggs
- To prepare crust crust:
- 1) Preheat oven to 350°
- 2) Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup and level with a knife.
- 3) Combine flour, pistachios, powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor and pulse until pistachios are finely chopped. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add oil and ice water and pulse until combined.
- 4) Pour mixture into an 11 x 7–inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Gently pat mixture into an even layer in dish.
- 5) Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 6) Remove from oven, and cool completely.
- To prepare filing:
- 1) Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- 2) Combine milk and all remaining ingredients but eggs in food processor and process until combined. Add eggs and pulse until well combined.
- 3) Pour filling over cooled crust and bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes, or until set.
- 4) Remove from over and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.