Pumpkin Cream Cheese Scones with Spiced Glaze
- For Scones:
- 2 1/4 + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided (the extra 1/4 cup will be used when turning out the dough)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed and cold
- 4 oz Melanie’s Medleys Pumpkin Pie cream cheese, cubed and cold
- 1 egg, large
- 3-4 Tbsp heavy whipping cream, plus more for brushing
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For Spiced Glaze:
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground ginger
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix 2 1/4 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- 3. Once combined, cut in the butter and cream cheese with a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4. Whisk together heavy whipping cream (beginning with 3 Tbsp), egg, and vanilla extract. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. If the dough is too dry (crumbly and not sticking together), add in the remaining Tbsp of heavy whipping cream.
- 5. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of flour on top of the dough. Lightly knead the dough (until most of the flour is worked into the dough).
- 6. Pat the dough into a circle, about 1/4-1/2″ thick, and cut into 8 even triangles.
- 7. Place scones on baking sheet, and lightly brush the tops of each scone with heavy whipping cream.
- 8. Bake for 15-16 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
- 2. Using a spoon, drizzle the glaze over each scone and allow to set before serving. (If the mixture is too stiff to drizzle, whisk in a splash of milk at a time to thin it out just enough to drizzle.)