Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 1 container (7.5 oz.) Melanie’s Medleys Pumpkin Pie cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Large egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together canned pumpkin, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until there are no lumps. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in egg yolk and beat until well combined.
- Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. These may need more time depending on oven.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Freeze remaining muffins.