Keto Pepperoni Pizza
This flour-less crisp and crunchy pizza looks and tastes just like the real deal! Made with almond flour, our whipped plain cream cheese (our garlic & herb is killer in this though, too!) and other simple ingredients, you'll never know there wasn't flour in this dough!
- Pizza Base:
- 2 cups (~8 oz.) mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 3 tablespoons (~1.5 oz) Melanie’s Medleys plain cream cheese (or our garlic & herb)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (~4 oz.) mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 16 slices pepperoni
- Optional: sprinkled oregano
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F. Measure out 2 cups (approx. 8 oz) of mozzarella cheese and put into a microwave safe bowl.
- 2. Microwave the cheese until fully melted and pliable (approx. 90 seconds). Add 3 tbsp. cream cheese and 1 egg to the cheese and mix it in well.
- 3. Add 3/4 cup almond flour, 1 tbsp. psyllium husk powder, 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper to the cheese mixture and mix together.
- 4. As you mix the dough, it should become cool enough to work with your hands. Knead the dough together until you can form a round ball.
- 5. Plop the ball onto a silpat with 1 tsp. olive oil to keep it easy to work with. Press the dough out with your hands, forming a circular pattern as you press outward.
- 6. Bake the pizza for 10 minutes on one side on an upside down cookie sheet and remove from the oven.
- 7. Flip the pizza to the other side and bake for another 2-4 minutes.
- 8. Remove the pizza from the oven and top with toppings of your choice.
- 9. Bake again for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is nicely melted.
- 10. Let cool slightly, cut into slices, and serve. Optionally, sprinkle oregano over the top!