Baked Cinnamon Donuts with Vanilla Walnut Cream Cheese Glaze
1 cup flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 TBSP light brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
6 TBSP. buttermilk
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 TBSP. unsalted butter
Crispy bacon for crumbling on top (optional)
Cream cheese glaze:
3 TBSP Melanie’s Medleys Vanilla Walnut Cream Cheese (If you can’t find this flavor, try our honey fig pistachio or another sweet flavor!)
Splash Milk, heavy cream, or vegan milk
Confections sugar, as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 325F and lightly grease nonstick 6 cavity donut pan with cooking spray. You can also use a muffin pan as these also make perfect muffins!
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add buttermilk, egg, vanilla and melted butter. Whisk to combine.
- Spoon batter into donut pan (careful to spread evenly into each cavity.)
- Bake 8-11 minutes, until donuts spring back when touched. They will not be golden brown but should be springy.
- While donuts are cooling, make the glaze by combining cream cheese, splash of milk and powdered sugar (optional since the cream cheese is already sweet). Top with crispy bacon crumbles (optional but delicious!)
- Once donuts have cooled slightly, dip donuts into glaze. Best served warm!