Salted Caramel Black Bean Brownies
1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed well
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 honey or maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp espresso powder
2 tbsp hot water
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 lily’s stevia sweetened chocolate bar (or 1/4 cup chocolate chips)
For Cream cheese layer:
1 7.5 oz. cup Melanie’s Medleys Salted Caramel Cream Cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all brownie ingredients except chips in a food processor and blend until completely smooth. Mix in chocolate chunks.
2) Grease an 8×8 pan. Pour batter and spread to cover bottom.
3) In a small bowl, mix Salted Caramel Cream cheese with egg until smooth.
4) Spread Salted Caramel mixture over top of batter.
5) Cook brownies 15-20 minutes and let cool for 30 minutes before cutting. Optional: Place in fridge for one hour after cooling for firmer brownies