Overnight Berry French Toast Casserole
1 loaf challah bread (or French bread)
1 container Melanie’s Medleys Mixed Berry cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2 Tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, divided
8 large eggs
2 cups whole milk or almond (or another plant based) milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 cups sliced or chopped berries (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
Maple Syrup. for serving
- Grease a 9×13 glass baking dish with nonstick spray. Slice and cut the bread into roughly 1-inch cubes. Spread half of the cubes into the prepared baking pan.
- Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed for one minute, or until completely smooth. Beat in the confectioners’ sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until combined. Drop random spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture on top of the bread. Top with most of the berries and the remaining bread cubes. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, brown sugar, and remaining vanilla extract together until combined. Pour over the bread. Cover the dish tightly and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove pan from the refrigerator.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve immediately and top with extra berries and Maple Syrup for serving